FOR Public Safety BY Public Safety
Drone training for police, fire service, corrections and emergency management.
We are active public safety members with decades of public safety and aviation experience. P.S.U. offers customized training for federal, state, and local Public Safety organizations. Our primary goal is to cultivate future industry leaders and train professional sUAS pilots through our programs, allowing pilots to become competent leaders in their fields that contribute to their agency’s success.
indoor drone operations
- Covers when and how to operate drones in confined, indoor environments.
- Ideal for pilots deploying drones in tactical situations.
- Top-of-the-line drones from specialized manufacturers.
- Flight time for Pilots to learn drone thermal, tactical communications, turtle mode, and other drone functions.
drones for first responders
- Prepares Public Safety pilots for FAA Part 107 exam.
- How to form successful UAS/drone programs.
- Current regulations and how to overcome technological hurdles.
- Piloting drills and flight scenarios to prepare for real-life operations.
drone mapping & crash reconstruction
- Mapping for crash reconstructions, crime-scene documentation, and structure layouts.
- Reviews necessary hardware and software requirements.
- Hardware calibration
- Measuring ground control points and other public safety applications.
ROV for public safety
- For public safety dive teams utilizing ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicles) for aquatic operations.
- Discusses ROV types and models along with the capabilities and benefits.
- Hands-on experience in operations and sonography through practical exercises.
threat of drones
- The course covers addressing drone threats by learning detection techniques, preparing for incursion responses, and becoming familiar with Counter-Drone technologies, aiding in tracking, assessing, and responding to ill-intended drone activity.